The Code of Ethics
The Italgas Code of Ethics contains the set of values that Italgas and its staff recognize, accept and promote. As an expression of a shared value system, the Code of Ethics guides and inspires the elaboration of Italgas’ strategies and the conduction of its activities.
The Code of Ethics as an expression of the values of Italgas. The Code of Ethics contains the principles to be respected by the “Italgas People” in relations with suppliers, customers, employees, communities and stakeholders in general. These relations are to be conducted in a setting of ethics, transparency, correctness, professionalism, good faith, honesty and fair competition, respecting the legitimate interests of all the stakeholders with whom Italgas is in contact every day.
All Italgas people, without distinction or exceptions, adapt their actions and behaviour to the principles and contents of the Code within the scope of their roles and responsibilities in the awareness that compliance with the Code constitutes an essential part of the quality of their work and professional performance.
The Board of Directors of Italgas approved the Code of Ethics in 2016.
What are the purposes of the Code of Ethics?
The Code of Ethics is the fundamental document for Italgas in that it:
- indicates the principles on which the business conducted by Italgas is based, such as observance of the law, fair competition, honesty, integrity, correctness and good faith in respecting the legitimate interests of customers, employees, shareholders, commercial and financial partners and those of the community in which the company operates;
- contains the general sustainability and corporate responsibility principles;
- describes, among other things, the workplace, relations with stakeholders and suppliers and the protection of personal data.
The Code of Ethics indicates the guiding principles on which the entire internal control and risk management system is based, including:
- The separation of activities between people responsible for the authorization, operational or control processes;
- The existence of company rules that provide the general reference principles for regulating the company’s processes and activities;
- The existence of formal rules for exercising the power to sign and internal authorization powers;
- The traceability ensured through the adoption of information systems capable of identifying and reconstructing the sources, the items of information and the controls performed to support the formation and implementation of the company’s decisions and the methods for managing its financial resources.
Among other things, the Code of Ethics represents a general indispensable principle of the Model 231 adopted by Italgas in accordance with the Italian legislation on the “Liability of legal entities deriving from offences” contained in legislative decree no. 231 of 8 June 2001.
The Supervisory Body, set up in accordance with Legislative decree no. n. 231 of 2001, acts as the guarantor of the Code of Ethics. The body can be contacted for:
- Requests for details or explanations of the principles and contents of the Code;
- Suggestions on the application of the Code;
- Reports of violations of the Code, discovered directly or indirectly.
Violations of the Code of Ethics can be reported using the channels indicated in the “Procedure for violations reported by identified or anonymous workers, received by Italgas and its subsidiaries”.