The Committee shall be composed of three non-executive directors. The Committee offers advice and recommendations to the Board of Directors on matters of sustainability, using the term to mean all processes, initiatives and activities aimed at overseeing the Company’s commitment to sustainable development throughout the value chain. The Committee, in particular:
- reviews and assesses (i) the sustainability policies so as to ensure value creation over time for the shareholders in their entirety and for all the other stakeholders in a medium to long term perspective, in accordance with the principles of sustainable development; (ii) the sustainability processes, guidelines and objectives and the sustainability report submitted annually to the Board of Directors;
- monitors the positioning of the Company with respect to the financial markets on sustainability issues, with particular reference to the Company’s placement in the ethical sustainability indices;
- monitors national and international initiatives on sustainability and the Company’s participation in them, in order to consolidate the company’s international reputation;
- reviews any sustainability initiatives as may be included in agreements submitted to the Board of Directors, also in relation to the matter of climate change;
- reviews the profit and not-for-profit strategy of the company and the Company’s gas advocacy initiatives;
- expresses, at the request of the Board, an opinion on other sustainability questions;
- after every meeting, the Committee updates the Board of Directors in a communication, at the first available meeting, on the topics discussed and the comments, recommendations and opinions formulated therein; it also reports to the Board, at least once every six and no later than the dates on which the annual and half-yearly financial report are to be approved, on the activities it has carried out, in the board meeting indicated by the Chairman of the Board of Directors.
The investigations involved in sustainability matters for which the Committee is responsible are supervised by the head of the department competent in sustainability, who attends the Committee meetings.