Every year, through numerous dialogue activities with the various stakeholders, we are able to identify both the company’s internal needs and the expectations of our stakeholders.
This process, known as “materiality analysis”, allows us to identify the most important issues, based on impact generated internally and externally, for us and for them.
These issues, defined as “material”, allow us to best guide our sustainability strategy.
(in alphabetical order)
- Service reliability, quality and accessibility
- Corporate Governance
- Energy efficiency
- Supply chain management
- Responsible business management
- Employment and protection of the right to work
- Accident prevention
- Relations with the Regulatory Authority
- Relations with the community
- Work safety
- Development and enhancement of human capital
- Welfare and equal opportunities
We conducted our first materiality analysis in 2016, examining and fully studying a number of documents/information sources (internal and external) of importance to the group. In 2017, with the entry into force of Italian Legislative Decree 254 on non-financial disclosures, we updated our materiality analysis and reassessed the priority issues, also in compliance with the disclosure requirements of the Decree.
Starting from an internal assessment of the business risks and material issues of the main reference peers in the Electricity & Utilities sector, in the first phase of the process we identified an initial group of material issues.
In a second phase, these issues - aggregated into macro-issues - were crossed with:
- assessment of the issues by Top Management when defining the Sustainability Plan;
- verifying that the topics are included in the Code of Ethics and the Policies adopted by Italgas;
- verifying the presence and materiality of issues for the National Sustainable Development Strategy;
- the measurement results of fair and sustainable well-being and invitations for public feedback about the company;
- the perception of the significance of these matters from the external stakeholders’ point of view.
In the light of assessments and prioritisation of the issues resulting from each step, we were able to identify the priority issues and those of strongest materiality to the group, and therefore to construct the materiality matrix.
ultimo aggiornamento 13 April 2021 06:55 UTC