Born in Varese, Italy in 1964, she graduated in Economics at Bocconi University, Milan.
She then gained an MBA in Finance from CASS Business School, London.
She is a Non-executive Director and an advisor on risk management and corporate governance matters. She has been a member of the Board of Directors of Falck Renewables S.p.A. since May 2020 and member of the Control and Risk Committee. Since April 2019 she has been a member of the Board of Directors of Italgas S.p.A. and member of the Control, Risk and Related Party Transactions Committee and of the Appointments and Compensation Committee.
Until 2018, Silvia pursued an international career in Europe and the USA working for 28 years for US multinationals: General Electric Group (21 years – of which the last 14 with GE Power Services, 3 years with GE Oil & Gas and 4 years with GE Capital); McKinsey (5 years) and the Standard & Poor’s Group (2 years). Her managerial activities included regional and global roles in the following areas:
- Commercial leadership (public tenders and commercial proposals in Energy services and Infrastructure industries).
- Risk management leadership (risk underwriting to support growth and innovation; ERM; corporate governance integrated processes).
- Product development for energy transition (emphasizing flexibility, efficiency, system integration and digital solutions for the power generation market).
- Corporate Finance (mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, export and trade finance, project financing).
- Leadership of complex organizations (international teams and startup of new offices and organizations).